Thursday, April 30, 2015

Cali to Coloradi Road Trip 2015, LA Day 1

California!!
We made it.
And yes I spelled Colorado wrong,
say it outloud and it flows.

The Cali part of the trip is underway.
After a 3:30am wake time,
a 1 hour drive,
a 5 and a half hour flight
and a rental car adventure like no other, but hey we are pimpin' a 2015 Dodge Charger; we finally made it safe and sound to Azusa Pacific University and our niece Danielle.

I forgot about the time change so blog posting on this trip will be late for all you east coasters.

Since Aubry had never been to the west coast we thought it best for her to see and swim in the ocean. Right next to LAX is Dockwieler State Beach, at least I think that's what it's called. I am typing this in my phone and it's 11:45pm east coast time so I have no desire to check my facts right now- hehe. Maybe tomorrow?!

Anyway,
the beach.
The Pacific Ocean.
Aubry loved it, we loved it. A quick change in the car and we were off to soak our toes and legs and bodies in the cold surf.

The sand is different out here
and the birds too.
Lifeguard station is like out of Baywatch and the planes fly right over the beach.
Experiencing new things with my kids has always been a favorite past time and today did not disappoint.

Photos to come.

So travel day one was a success!!
We picked up needed supplies and are settled in our SoCal "home" for the weekend.
Now, to bed with me!!

happy trip
-m

No comments:

Post a Comment