Tuesday, April 21, 2015

2 Weeks

2 Weeks out
Two weeks from the time I am typing this I will be picking up a rental car and making our way to Dockweiler State Beach on the Pacific.

Remember the two things I ask myself regarding a family vacation

#1 what will we wear?

#2 what will we pack in?

Well, by 2-weeks-out and I have started to add in a few more questions for myself

#3 what travel entertainment do we need?

#4 what needs to be taken care of on the home front? housesitter or pet sitting needs?

Back to #1- what will we wear?
I have piles going already in the closet, long sleeve shirts, pants, all gathered in one place,
soon they'll make their way into suitcases.
{still need to purchase my suitcase}.
10 days packed in one carry-on,
we have an 80 degree high to 30 degree low temperature range.

This will be a challenge...
however,
I have a chart that helps me plot out what I'll need to wear for each day.
{I will get that posted over this next week.}

I am a repeat clothing wearer, 
if you prefer a different outfit each day then I suggest going over to this post titled "Fit 30 Outfits in Your Carry-on". It's a little more complicated but a great way to pack a lot in a little.

#2- What will we pack in?
We will each get one carry-on and a backpack, or other bag.

#3- What entertainment do we need?
I think this post titled What's in My Toddler's Carry-on, is a great post on packing for toddlers. I use similar items to ones she does. 

--School age kids I recommend audio versions of Adventures in Odessey or radio theatre

--An iPad and headphones are great for all ages, download new games and perhaps a new movie for the trip and delete any games or apps you don't want them playing.

#4- What needs to be taken care of on the home front?
I find having friends and family live with you makes traveling easier; someone is always in the house and the house duties fall on them.

However,
if you don't run a boarding house call a friend, local kennel, grandma or whoever but get your pet/house/garden details sewn up.

So that's that.

As I finalize this post we're 9 days out from the trip start date!!
I am getting excited!!

Happy trips friends!!
-m

No comments:

Post a Comment