Saturday, April 4, 2015

Come Along with Me...

... as I prepare for our upcoming 10-day road trip from California to Colorado.

Steve, Aubry and I will fly to LA, stay for 3 days and then drive to Colorado Springs via a lot of pretty places.

I will do this stress-free and you're welcome to join me at the beginning... about a month out from a trip I ask myself 2 things-
#1: what are we all gonna wear?and #2: what are we all gonna pack in?

I should now clarify how lucky I am- I DO NOT pack or have any part in Steve's packing, so by "we" I mean, myself, age 40 and Aubry May age 3; I pack for the two of us. My big boy husband packs for himself so we can stay married.

#1- What will we wear?
For this trip it'll be Florida summer clothes, FL winter clothes or some sort of combination of the two. 
LA and Colorado have different temps this time of year.

I did cash in on the end of winter sale while on a recent trip to Virginia and purchased some long sleeve shirts and a cute dress for Aubry.

#2- What will we pack in?
Aubry really, really wants her own roller suitcase this trip, and since we have a few flights already on the calendar for this year I am looking at what to get her for a roller. More on that later.

I like to travel simple and small.
I find I do not wear a portion of my suitcase every trip I take, so each time I eliminate more items.

I also need a new carry-on suitcase.

I will be purchasing this suitcase from Target
Aubry and I will both pack in this, which will be a challenge as I've already mentioned the weather differences. 


Aubry has this backpack that she will carry on with some clothes and travel goodies. I like getting kids an LL Bean backpacks, or pack-pack as Aubry calls it, because they last and are guaranteed. plus it brainwashes my kids that L.L. Bean as well as all thing New England are superior






So that's 30 days out-- thinking about 
#1-what we'll wear and
#2- what we'll pack in.

I'll be back with more, like how we manage a fun, relaxing, healthy road trip starting a plane flight away.

Happy Trails,
-m

No comments:

Post a Comment